Sunday, December 2, 2012

Autumn Faery


Hi Everyone, Happy Holidays!


My hand decided to have a major arthritis flare, so I had to take a few weeks off from painting, drawing, etc. I didn't realize how hard it would be to go without creating art for so long.  I was hoping I would have had this done to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, but I just finished it this weekend.  Instead I wish everyone a really nice week!


The faeries had fun preparing the gardens for winter, but I believe they are all tucked inside now to stay warm and to play in the houseplants. 


In the art class I am taking, Joynal, we are learning to use Serviettes for backgrounds.  I feel pretty cool getting used to the word “serviette”, since here in Minnesota we have napkins.  But thanks to my teacher in Australia, I get a new flair of words while learning to paint ladies, fashionistas, faeries, and more.  


The background is a serviette that we had for our Thanksgiving dinner and a bit of acrylic paint to blend it all together.  It makes a great background for my garden faery.  

1 comment:

Ms Steen said...

Truly gorgeous art. Thanks for sharing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails